Original 1940 Cadillac Series 72 Tail Light Assembly Pair OEM GM Stimsonite RARE
This is an original pair of tail light housing and lens assemblies for 1940 Cadillac Series 72 applications. These taillights are in good structural condition with no cracks or breaks to the castings. The original Stimsonite glass lenses are in-tact with just one small chip on the lower edge, as seen in the final picture. The chrome finish appears to have been covered with some sort of clear coat, likely to protect from pitting and surface corrosion. Over time, this has yellowed creating what appears to be a gold colored finish.
The die-cast housings would benefit from being stripped and re-chromed, especially for show purposes. The mounting brackets and studs are fully in-tact and in good usable condition.
These tail lights are a one-year-only part for a low production 1940 Cadillac Series 62 model. They are quite hard to find in any condition and these are great candidates for your restoration project. This will make a great addition to your classic. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest in this item.
This item is in the category "eBay Motors\Parts & Accessories\Car & Truck Parts & Accessories\Exterior Parts & Accessories\Body Moldings & Trims". The seller is "redlines4life" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, French Guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macau, Martinique, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion, Uruguay.
- Superseded Part Number: Ignition, Cap, Points, Brush Set, Bracket, Choke, Washer Jar, Voltage Regulator, Coil, Rotor, Hub, Axle, Posi, Carrier, Open, Rear End, Exhaust, Pipe, AMC Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ford, Fargo Hudson Auburn Cord Graham Hupmobile Nash, Lafayette Lincoln Mercury Olds Oldsmobile Chevy, Packard Pierce Arrow Pontiac REO Studebaker Star, Terraplane Henry J Rambler Chandler Dodge Brothers, Durant Elgin Franklin Gardner LaSalle Paige, Willys BBC SBC 216 235 265 283 327 350 396 427 454, 348 409 302 402 L65 L78 L72 L88 ZL1 LS6 331 352, 392 273 315 318 325 340 383 440 426 Hemi Mopar, 221 239 255 337 215 223 262 Flathead, Vintage, Accessory, RPO, Yenko, COPO, Vintage Original Patina Rat Rod Hot Rod Driver, Old School Pre-War Touring Open Closed Cab, L6 Inline Project Straight 8 Cylinder Assembly, Restoration Hardware Rebuild Poly Restore, Traditional Period Correct AACA Car Club Cruise, Fender Skirts Grille Visor Bumper Guard Wing
- OE/OEM Part Number: Impala Belair 150 210 Fleetline Styleline Deluxe, Chevele Chevy II Nova Caprice Camaro Corvette, GS Skylark Riviera GTO Lemans Tempest Bonneville, 88 98 F85 442 Cutlass W-30 2+2 Eldorado, Coupe Deville Mustang Torino Cougar Falcon Galaxie, Fairlane Ranchero Thunderbird T-Bird Comet, Monterey XR7 SCJ CJ 428 429 Continental Mark, Belvedere Cuda Barracuda Fury Challenger RT, Charger Coronet Lancer Valiant Duster, A B C E Body Platform Satellite GTX Rotunda, GM General Motors Guide Delco-Remy Mopar, Autolite Motorcraft Bosch Trico Kelsey Hayes OEM, FoMoCo Carter Holley Napa Echlin Shurhit BW, Borg Warner Muncie Saginaw Toploader, Appleton Stromberg Trippe Dealer Installed, Billet Belly Pan Bobbed Blown Blower Hiboy, Bored Stroked Bone Stock Boost Bucket Bull Nose, Coach Carson Top Dagmar Crate Digger Duval Flatty, Flathead Fastback Front Clip Four Two Barrel, Gasser Glasspack GOAT Grill Shell Headers Highboy
- Interchange Part Number: Moulding, Spear, Garnish, Sill Plate, Drip Rail,, Tail Panel, Handle, Lock, Latch, Mechanism,, Assembly, Gas, Fuel, Cap, Radiator, Hose, Core, Interior, Exterior, Seat, Dash, Gauge, Instrument, Cluster, Mirror, Glove Box, Seatbelt, Armrest, Dome Light, Door Panel, Carpet, Floor Mat, Wiper, Switch, Motor, Blower, Heater, A/C, Control, Headrest, Bench, Bucket, Split, AM/FM, Radio,, 8-Track, Cassette, Speaker, 3rd Row, Jump, Tilt, Column, Console, Shifter, 3, 4, Speed, Automatic, Manual, Transmission, Tach, Tachometer, Clock, Bolt, Clip, Washer, Shim, Hardware, Restoration,, Engine, Motor, Head, Intake, Exhaust, Manifold, Carburetor, 1, 2, 4 Barrel, 1BBL, 2BBL, 4BBL, Pulley, Belt, Crankshaft, Crank, Rocker Arm, Valve, Cover, Tappet, Spring, Oval Port, Hi-Po, V8, Flathead, Inline, 6, 8, Straight, Cam Shaft, Oil, Hinge, Shock, Mount, Hanger, Ornament, Emblem, Bellhousing, Water Neck, Flex Plate, Fuel, Water, Pump, Alternator, Generator, Starter, Distributor,
- Material: Igniter Juice Power Brakes Jug Long Short Block, Locker Lakes Leadsled Knock-Off Louvers Lowboy, owboy Mag Matching Numbers Merc Moons Mopar, Nail Head Mouse Pancaked Post Pony Car, Pro Street Puffer RPM Restored Rockcrusher Rod, Rocket Roll Pan Running Board Scallop Scoop Shave, Section Sleeper Slingshot Slushbox Smoothy, Split Window Steelies Stovebolt TPI Survivor, Track T Tranny Tri Five Tri-Power Tubbed Tuck Roll, Turnkey Victoria Vicky Vintage VIN, service lamps warning holder head tail kit tool
- Type: Accessory Car Truck Rare Interior Exterior
- Features: 216 235 261 265 283 327 350 396 402 427 454 SBC, 302 400 455 500 239 223 262 254 215 332 352 360, 361 390 406 410 427 428 351 270 273 352 332, 383 340 426 440 201 219 175 190 160 196 201 212, 170 198 225 241 259 315 325 Hemi Poly Y-Block, Slant 6 Inline V8 Flathead L65 L88 L82 ZL1, 215 223 262 332 256 401 403 NailHead, Engine Motor Block Head Oil Pan Horsepower, Tri-Power Fuel Injection FI Fuelie 3x2 Dual Quad, Moon Equipped Power Tour Race Drag Bomba, Hot Rat Rod Chop Channel Section Lowrider Chassis, Lead Sled Bomba Car Club SCTA AACA TROG, Winfield Weiand Nicson Edelbrock Offenhauser, Crower Sheifier Snider Halibrand Edmunds Fenton, Cal-Custom Evans Bell Auto Cragar Cyclone Howard, Spalding Kurten Kong Thickstun Heidts, Isky Iskenderian Eelco Lakewood Mallory Hurst, American Racing Crane Hedman Frontenac SW, Man-a-fre Appliance Paxton Hilborn Cyclone, Tattersfield Speed Parts
- Manufacturer Part Number: 1910,1911,1912,1913,1914,1915,1916,1917,1918,1919,, 1920,1921,1922,1923,1924,1925,1926,1927,1928,1929, 1930,1931,1932,1933,1934,1935,1936,1937,1938,1939,, 1940,1941,1942,1943,1944,1945,1946,1947,1948,1949,, 1950,1951,1952,1953,1954,1955,1956,1957,1958,1959,, 1960,1961,1962,1963,1964,1965,1966,1967,1968,1969, 1970,1971,1972,1973,1974,1975,1976,1977,1978,1979, Car, Coupe, Sedan, Convertible, Roadster, Delivery, Station Wagon, Hardtop, Sedanette, Rag Top, Sled,, Bomba, Lowrider, Truck, Fleetside, Stepside, 1/2,, 3/4, 1, Ton, Crew, Standard, Short, Long, Box ,, 2WD, 4WD, Square Body, Pilot House, OBS, Cab,, Hood, Fender, Door, Trunk, Deck, Lid, Bumper,Grill, Grille, Quarter, Sheet Metal Panel, Stainless,, Chrome, Die-Cast, Lamp, Light, Bezel, Housing,, Bucket, Park, Blinker, Turn Signal, Antenna, Rim, Steel Wheel, Riveted, Artillery, 14\
- Vintage Part: Yes
- Finish: Paint Chrome Stainless Polished Patina Faded, Lacquer Basecoat Clearcoat Wrap Dipped, Aluminum Steel Mag Magnesium Nickel Plated, Paint Primer Detail Restore Project, Brushed, Chrome, Gloss, Matte, Painted, Polished Chrome, Polished Nickel
- Placement on Vehicle: wheel rim steering column interior exterior, Ignition Distributor Coil Plug Points Contact Set, Interior Exterior Dash Seats Instrument Gauges, Tach Speedometer Oil Temperature Fuel Gas, Wheel Hubcap Grill Molding Trim Stainless Rocker, Job Resale Lot Collection Group Large Rare TROG, Model A B T Master Special Deluxe Special Century, Dealer Installed Bolt-On Add-On Option Compass, Targa Rumble Seat Barn Find Lacquer 94 97, Engine Transmission Big Small Block BBC SBC, Fender Hood Trunk Deck Lid Quarter Panel Patch, Steering Wheel Dashboard Glove Box Pad Headliner, Dome Garnish Radio AM/FM 8 Track Cassette, Display Advertising Sign Gas Oil Ornament, Emblem Badge Cowl Tag Vin Body Style Code, Mascot Car Club Cruise Accessory Part Mechanism, Assembly Cruise Control Telescopic Rim Wheel, Rim Blow Wood Grain Spoke Tilt Steering Wheel, Spotlight Keychain Spinner Knob Seat Cover, CB Radio Diamond T White Mack IHC GMC
- Brand: Cadillac